I am the pool boy to my wife’s best friend,Maggie. Well, that is I know my place. She is funny as hizell! Here is her response for the 29 questions on music .
p.s. I am still in Tampa, FL getting some sun…well whatever sun peeks through all of this rain.
1. Of all the bands/artists in your record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?
Hmm… it’d probably be a toss up between The Beatles and Bob Dylan
2. What was the last song you listened to?
Walk on Water by CCR
3. What’s in your record/CD player right now?
The Black Star album with Mos Def and Talib Kweli
4. What song would you say sums you up?
Pasites and a G String by Tom Waits. Just kidding. Fuck the Pain Away by Peaches. Har, kidding again. Look, I don’t know.
5. What’s your favorite local band? I don’t know of any bands from (shudder) College Station
6. What was the last show you attended? Oh, hell I don’t even know. I guess Chicago (the musical, not the band) performed by the national jazz orchestra of Korea.
7. What was the greatest show you’ve ever been to? I’ve yet to be at one that I REALLY wanted to see. Blood Sweat and Tears in the 6th grade was pretty cool.
8. What’s the worst band you’ve ever seen in concert? Probably any of the Christian rock groups that I saw when I was but a youth, growing up in the Texas Panhandle. Just about any concert that includes an altar call is awesomely bad. (answer stolen from Mere)
9. What band do you love musically but hate the members of? The Smashing Pumpkins. Bunch of queerbats, every last one of them. Would I still run away with Billy Corgan? Probably.
11. What show are you looking forward to? What happened to number 10?
12. What is your favorite band shirt? I don’t have any band shirts anymore. But in high school it was my Zero shirt.
13. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day? Danny Elfman. I’d make him compose a score for my life.
14. What musician would you like to be in love with for a day? Steve Earle, but yeah just long enough to get a song out of him (dude’s been married like five times)
15. Commodores or solo Lionel Ritchie? Commodores.
16. Punk rock, hip hop or heavy metal? Hip hop
17. Name 4 flawless albums: This is by no means an exclusive list.
Paul Simon- Negotiations and Love Songs
Indigo Girls– Become You
Jonathan Richman– Not so Much to be Loved as to Love
Steve Earle and the Del McCoury Band– The Mountain
18. Did you know that filling out this survey makes you a music geek? Not as geeky as actually finishing my Kant reading.
19. What was the greatest decade for music? I do not pretend to know.
20. How many music-related videos/dvds do you own? Huh. I don’t think I own any.
21. What is your favorite movie soundtrack? Brokeback Mountain was quite good. I also love all the stuff Kimya Dawson did for the Juno Soundtrack.
27. What was your last musical ‘phase’ before you wised up? Hmm..my sisters are going to kill me for this, but probably Ani Difranco.
28. What’s the crappiest CD/record/etc. you’ve ever bought? Oh, probably Bush in the 7th grade.
29. Do you prefer vinyl or CDs? Mp3! Who the hell uses anything else these days? (a bunch of vinyl people are going to jump down my throat for this one. Look you can’t carry around a turntable and a stack of 33s on bus, ok?)