I am staling on writing my last and final paper of my seminary career. I think it has something to do with change. I am not a big fan of change. I am a bit fearful about the finality of this event. So I offer you this my final attempt at staling and shrugging responsibility. Carol posted a meme on movies and books, two of my favorite things. Plus I love meme’s. So here is the book and movie meme.
1. One movie that made you laugh.
Bubba Ho-Tep I laugh at anything with Bruce Campbell. Airplane, Blazing Saddles, and The early Adam Sandler films make me laugh as well.
2. One movie that made you cry.
Once. I was very moved by this film. I still am very captivated by the song, “Say it to Me Now.” Lars and the Real Girl is a close second. There is Lost in Translation and The Virgin Suicides, and American Beauty.
3. One movie you loved when you were a child.
Savanna Smiles, I just remember really liking this movie.
I also love the Return from Witch Mountain flicks and all of the other Disney movies like Third Man on the Mountain, Candleshoe, and The Apple Dumpling Gang.
4. One movie you’ve seen more than once.
The Big Lebowski I have owned this film three or four times. I can watch over and over. Nobody f*$ks with the Jesus! This movie ties my life together.
Stand By Me is another film I never get tired of. It is like Cherry flavored PEEZ.
5. One movie you loved, but were embarrassed to admit it.
13 going on 30 I first saw this movie on a flight to Kenya. It became our first family joke among our group. Seriously I have no idea why I like this movie other than that.
6. One movie you hated.
Larger Than Life The only movie I walk out of and demanded a refund. I actually asked the manager if he could refund the brain damage I suffered from watching. I love Bill Murray. Thank God he made up for it in Rushmore and Lost in Translation.
7. One movie that scared you.
Man, they all scare me. I hate scary movies. I stay away from them like the plague.
8. One movie that bored you.
Balls of Fury I looked forward to seeing this film. I saw a preview in the theaters months before it came out. It seemed like years before it was released. I went to see it one day at the Drafthouse and it was sold out. I got it on disk and was so sad. It was about an hour and half too long. So sad.
9. One movie that made you happy.
Il Postino The world is a better place with cinema like this.
10. One movie that made you miserable.
Enchanted I watched the first ten minutes and turned it off. Mere said, “I do not think that middle aged, tattooed, white guys are their target audience.” I agree.
11. One movie you weren’t brave enough to see.
Brokeback Mountain It has been in my Netflix queue. I tried to rent it when I was serving a few rural churches in Oklahoma last summer and they had the jacket but no disk. I guess someone really liked the film.
12. One movie character you’ve fallen in love with.
Brodie from Mallrats. I want him to be my best friend. We could hang out and read comics and play video games.
13. The last movie you saw.
Iron Man I loved it! It really is one of the best comic flicks ever made. RD jr is the perfect Stark. I want to see it again.
14. The next movie you hope to see.
1. One book that changed your life.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once.
3. One book you’d want on a desert island.
Church Dogmatics Maybe I will be able to understand it all.
4. One book that made you laugh.
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ’s Childhood Pal. It made me laugh out loud. I loved it much. A must read.
5. One book that made you cry.
6. One book that you wish you had written.
7. One book that you wish had never been written.
I did not get it when I first read it. I wonder if I am supposed to get it. I do not really wish any book was not written.
8. One book you’re currently reading.
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read.